Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2-19-11

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hit wingfoot today, ran into hardwaterjunkie and mitch131, hey guys ...there was maybe 4 shanties out today,,,the ice was still around 7-10" but lots of wet spots and open water on shore and was increasing as i left also had to watch spots out on the lake....fished out buy the bouys in 13fw didnt mark many fish and didnt get any bites.. :P didnt seem like fish were moving much. from what i was walking around on out there it wouldnt take much to make this ice very ify ...so be very carefull folks..this may been my last trip unless we get a real cold blast. :-\ water temp just under the ice was 32.8 . :-\ so again folks this time of year its deceiving be carefull ok.. dont stop posting the best is yet to come 8) i will keep posting my trips good luck hope to run into ya..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Today was one of the worst days this year for fish catching. Started at 8 am and fished until 815 pm. I caught 1 fish and Mitch131 caught 1 fish. We didnt catch our fish until just after 8 pm then called it quits. We fished hard and gave them everything we had. Didnt even really mark fish until after dark. Once we started marking them they just wouldn't bite. We fished at the 15 and ice was 8 to 9 inch's. Edge was about 3 ft open. Water is only 6 inch's deep there so its not bad. Despite not catching fish it was still a great day. Was nice to talk to you Snowcone this morning. We figured you wernt on them either when we seen you walk off. Had a great time fishing with Mitch. If you get a chance to fish with dont turn it down cause your guaranteed to have a good time.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Sounds like you guys had a good time. To bad you didn't get on some fish.
turkey09

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thanx guys i enjoy chewing the fat with ya, yea did real bad was really suprised that with sunshine some thawing warm water getting into the lake i thought the fish would be turned on but nooooooo.....yeah decided to call it an early day..i think i want a camera for next year. hope to run into and or share more good days with you guys. maybe it was just location i do think if it was another place would have done better thought of goin ta deer creek but fishin bud said ho hum 8) oh well better rod bending days are close right? c ya nice talkin ta ya mitch,tim c ya 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
nice to meet snowcone and tell mrs. hardwaterjunkie thanks for the offer of supper last night but it just a long drive home had a blast last night keep in touch and hopefully we can do some more fishing together.
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

Vexilar