Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wingfoot tonight 2-26?

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                                   Hello All,
Anyone fishing Wingfoot tonight? I'm thinking about going out this afternoon, And check the ice? I heard that there's still 8-10 inches of ice? Just wondering how the shoreline looks like for pulling out? Last time I was there the shoreline was opened up, And you'd have wet feet! I'm hoping to get in a few more trips somewhere, Before it's all melted? I'll let you know what I find, I'll be headed out in a bit here? Hoping for the evening bite!

Tom

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
How did it look out there this evening?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                                  Hello Hardwaterjunkie,
It was a mess pulling out and comming in? That slush sucks!!!! It has a pucker power when you sink into it lol!!!!! I would not venture out too far from where others have been? There is a very thin area straight out and to the left of the pull out area, Near Island! I had the auger go right through, Area is unsafe!!!!!! Be very careful out there guys, In most areas the ice is 8-10 inches thick, about 3-4 inches clear ice and the rest white ice? I did manage10 crappie, Missed a few that were hitting very light. We need a hard freeze!!!!!!!!
Hope this helps.

Tom

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I dont think we will get that hard freeze. Weather looks bad. 54 and thunderstormd tomorrow. I think my season is done after today at alum. I went through the ice at mosquito yesterday and dont plan on doing that again. The dink crappies at wingfoot are not worth getting wet for. Thanks for the report. To bad we have run out of time

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                                  Hello all,
Today was my last day on the ice this year! Fishing was lousy, And there was too many bad areas!!!!!! But I did see 2 Bald Eagles, And managed to get a picture of one on the ice near the tracks! It's always worth seeing the wildlife getting ready for Spring, I had a great season and met a lot of new friends for my first ice season! Thank you all, Can't wait til next year.

Tom

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
isnt that great u just dont get to see that majestic bird if u dont venture out from you tv..right?   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                                    Hello snowcone,
That's right! That's one of the benefits of being outdoors, You will find entertainment from the Wildlife lol!!!!! Plus in the Wintertime, It's very peaceful and quiet compaired to Summertime! I should've took pictures of the Squirrels today also, They know Spring is just around the corner? I'll be out with my camera again, Get pictures of the Wildlife and the Goodyear Blimp lol!!!!! Have a great day my friends.

Tom

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Its hard to tell with the pic being so big but was the eagle by the tire reef?

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                                 Hello HardWaterJunky,
I took the picture from in front of the tire reef area at the main lot and the Eagles were near the RR tracks? I'm not sure where all the tires reefs are on Wingfoot, Rest assure I'll be checking it out this year lol!!!!! Like I said, It may have been a better picture had I been able to get to my regular fishing spot? I had both Eagles in the frame earlier, But I couldn't keep the camera steady and by the time I hit the button it was a blurred image? Next time I'll be ready for the shot lol!!!! You guys have a great year, Hopefully see you on the water.

Tom

Vexilar