Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Anyone else go out?

mbarrett1379

• View Profile
    • Steelhead fishing "Rainbow Row"
I went out on wingfoot today. Ice looked pretty good just was alittle nervous because nobody else was out. Also where does anyone fish here. looking to get a few slabs on ice there. Oh also might go out saturday anyone else going out. I'd meet up
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:34:37 PM by mbarrett1379 »

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad to hear it's ready.  That's a lake I want to learn as well.  I know a couple spots, but snowcone and hardwaterjunkie are the go to guys for that lake. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
How thick was the ice where you were at?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

mbarrett1379

• View Profile
    • Steelhead fishing "Rainbow Row"
The ice is like mogadore. Good in some spots bad in others. I fished on 3-4 inches in 6 ft of water but was to scared to go out to that underwater tire section alone. Anyone want to go out there soon if its safe?

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I will be there as soon as its safe. I spend at least 60% of my time there. I hope its ready soon. My favorite spot is just under a half mile from the launch so it needs to get a little thicker for me.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

fishingful

• View Profile
I walked off the boat ramp to the first island today most spots were 4 in found some 3 also. One dink perch and one dink bluegill. Drilled my way out the other guy i watched just walked out and there were 2 guys fishing the east side of the island.

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
With people falling through everywhere you would think we would exercise little caution.  Check your ice and live to enjoy many ice seasons.

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I drilled a test hole at the deep water ramp (west) approx 100 yds out on friday.  It was 4 inches.  Guys on Mogadore told me they saw open water thursday at the flag pole ramp.  Be safe fellas.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
spent the day at wingfoot started off from dog park, went towards island, i was in a red pop up found the ice 2-3 of clear and 2 foggy ..varioud slightly was leary at first and spudded my way. went way out saw about 10 other out buy the 11 ft hole, was strange watched the perch nose my bait and i would bonk them with it , no crappy or gill,or bass , only perch got about dozen nothin ti brag about could see my jig all the way to bottom about 10 ft,, they were very finicky. fished till after dark hoping for some crapps.. lots of fish moving around.. my fish finder was showing them and i would see them ...but all was good all hits on waxies and maggs no catches on minnes very odd.. i dont suggest going over by the tire reefs out from the pavillion its very clear ice but only 2 max.. when walking out try to walk around any large patches of snow build up..look for bad spots.. didnt have any drama ice held good..fish seemed more active in about 7-8 ft
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:44:51 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Snowcone, are you going out Monday?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sorry hwj i have to work  all week  and if this warm spell softens this  already suffering ice  :P :P but when it stifens up lets get together and  have some fun...pm me and ill give ya my phone #  then we can chat ...u to slab... 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Sounds good.  After the ice fishing tv shoot tomorrow, I'm stuck at work all week too.  We'll definitely get together next cold snap!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar