Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tuesday Night 3/3/15

Hawaiian Ice

• View Profile
Fished 6-9pm.  Caught 12, only 7 keeper crappie.  2 on minnies, rest on wax worms.  No luck on plastics.  I need to learn how to fish plastics from holehopper someday so I don't have to drag a minnow bucket around.

Meet the nicest folks on the ice.  Last night, one guy that was fishing around 50 yards from me offer to let me use his shanty while he has to go home for an emergency.  I met another guy at the parking lot as I was leaving and he was just getting started and we BS for quite a while.  I guess not having to worry about shoreline space or boats ramming each other just mellows everybody out. 

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
you did alright for only fishing 3 hrs.wtg,how much slop was on the ice?going out around 2pm gonna try c-5 have not been there for a month,maybe water has cleared up by now.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Hawaiian Ice

• View Profile
Not going to lie, it sucked going out.  The rain knocked down some of the snow coming back, but it still sucked.  I would say 8" of slop.  I try to follow someone else's footprints and it was still a bear.  I might try it again tonight before the big freeze gets here.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
i figured as much,thanks,i saw snowcone at mogadore bait this morning,and he had same to report for wingfoot for tues.oh well still going i guess,can't catch any fish off sitting on the couch. :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

kortis04

• View Profile
Headed out to c5 tonight also.  If anyone is out ill be in the blue shappell fx200.

Vexilar