Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice bite report current?

fool4fish

• View Profile
Anyone got a current ice report for buckeye or any bite report? Thanxs in advance
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

S. vitreus

• View Profile
If there was 7" like folks have said, there'll be plenty of good ice, but as always in a murky hole best to be very cautious. I'll be out tomorrow starting on the east side working west until I find fish. Hoping to hit the ice by 7, but that'll depend on how these Jackets play.

fool4fish

• View Profile
Thanxs for the report we measured 7 all day Sat we will have to see with this rain coming

icefshrman31

• View Profile
Anybody on the hardwater at Buckeye Lake today ? Just wondering.... Work day for me.

Love2fish

• View Profile
I did not have much time yesterday but fished from 3:45-5:45 p.m.  I was out at the marsh and had a number of bites (6-7) most coming around 4:45-5:00.  Caught one 15" incher and sent it back.  Had two other good fish on and lost two small to mid-size at the hole.  I was using a JawJacker which was first time using.  Seemed to not be getting a great hookset as a number of the fish came off or missed when it went off.  I was using a Swedish pimple with a 4-5" tag line with a red hook and crappie minnow on the bottom. 

fool4fish

• View Profile
yeah ur not alone luvz to fish, buster had a jaw jacker when we went out sat seems like them are pretty awesome but same story his went off 3 times he tried adjusting tension after the first 2 with no hook up and after a third time went to smaller hook and my tip ups was the same i went o for 4 on my polar fires one was steady burning that spindle when i got to it and still missed it very uncharacteristic for my setup but yeah i feel its aggressive cigars and panfish mouthing the minnow or minnow heads never seen so many reports of lost at hole reports either think these fish are small and biting shy i rarely recall ever losing one at the hole with buckshot rattlin flyers but i know i lost at least 2 at hole and buster one

Vexilar