Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Why are you excited for this ice season?

Banker · 17 · 9130

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Boards have been slow lets fire em up again its almost that time of year again..what are you excited to do this season?
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Salmonid

• View Profile
Excited for some ice so I can actually use my new Marcum lx6 on the ice vs so far this fall at the docks at Alum, CJ Brown and Rocky Fork.

Also so I can justify the new battery auger and ice suit I haven't yet pulled the trigger on.. I just need a little more cold weather to tempt me

Salmonid

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
im stuck between transition of cold and frozen... ??? cant take boats out , and cant walk on water. :P .....cabin fever is staring at me..hahaha....besides ice fishing is a challenge , like I said walking across a frozen lake is like being on another planet... ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Trying new equipment and technics on new water. Sharing a good day with good friends.

toadfish

• View Profile
I am ready to get out my barely used Vexilar FL-20 out and feel the pull of a nice walleye or saugeye while trying to coax it through a hole in the ice.  Spending time outside and enjoying nature instead of in an office, in front of a computer or TV.

Spending time on the ice and sharing stories with other anglers is another reason I am anticipating the hard water season.

I have some "new" spots on local waters I want to try for walleye and perch.

I also want to support the local bait shops and businesses.

Enjoying a tasty meal of fish from the cold water is definitely a nice bonus.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I'm just excited for ice fishing in general.  I'm excited to try new spots.  I'm excited to use the gear that has gotten minimal use over the last few years.  I'm excited to pull fish through holes.  Heck, I'm even excited to drill holes.  It would definitely be nice to get out on Erie this year, it would be my first time on Erie ice.  I'm really hoping the ice sets soon and stays around till March, then it Maumee walleye time again.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I'm excited because it has been two years since I have fished Erie and this year there might actually be a chance
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I'm looking forward to an all nighter on the ice this season.  I've never fished from sunset to sunrise yet. Hoping we get safe ice so I can take my daughter out with the camera and let her catch some gills through the ice too!
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Northeast Panfish League

• Year-round Competition Panfishin!
    • View Profile
    • Northeast Panfish League
I get excited every year for ice and to try out new products as well as socialize with friends I rarely get to see except on the ice. This year will be even more exciting for me with the NEPL tour and a bunch of new to me lakes to fish.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
As I was new to ice fishing last year, I am excited to try out all my new gear I have bought since then and to try out some new lakes. ;D

toadfish

• View Profile
A couple things I missed:  The sound of snow crunching under foot, or squeaking if it is cold enough.  The sound of the ice cracking as it freezes thicker.  The sound of the auger punching holes in the fishes ceiling.  The laughter and camaraderie of fellow anglers when someone gets a good fish, or a tiny one.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Trying out my gear and just getting on some ice!!!!  Got 6 days total the last 2 seasons, hoping for that many in December alone this year!! ;D ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
You may get that and more. so far the 10 day has yet to dissappoint
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=43123
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ice fishing is my favorite sport. the doc told me to get more exercise. after the past few seasons, i thought i'd take up trapping, (my second favorite). i've found out i'm a much better ice fisherman than i am a trapper. broke the bank on trapping equipment this year. broke the bank on ice gear years ago. at least i'll get exercise this year.
  i also religiously started my power auger once a month last year. not this year. don't want to jinx  us.
 had to go to mansfield today, and all the small ponds were locked up. may have to deal with ice to set traps over thanksgiving. life is good.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
im with you guys I really want to get up on erie this year....I go up there in my boat a lot but my ice trips very limited , this year I want to  get up there really bad..... ;D  I cant go to the moon but erie is almost the same ....heeheheh
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar