Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Think about it

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
 Next time you pick up your rod read the bottom of the cork handle. What's it say?
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Made in the China on most of them....and then there is my trusted St. Croix..separates itself from the rest.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
My bottom of my rods say 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 ,5 or 6 on them. Most said made in china but I peeled the sticker off and painted a number to tell my what size line is on that rod.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
That was my point. How many are truley mad in the us. All 8 of my rods say "made in Cina". Sad!!!!

www.quickfishtipup.com

perchguy

• View Profile

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Ive been wanting to get a few thorne bros. rods but they are expensive. You get what you pay for though
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Mine said China and ironic because I yanked off all the stickers last week.  Sickens me.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

raven44875

just about everything is made in china.how many american made tvs do you see now a days?sux

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
You ever see those MADE in the USA BUMPER STICKERS that are also made in China :)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
It was the first thing I did was peel off the stickers.....But they all said China....
Gaff its not just for chicken...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know.  You can't hardly get away from it.  I agree with the Thorne Brothers rods.  Hoping by next winter to have a few.   ;D We'll see.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
It is the way we are set up by the government. Sales Tax and Tariff the Chinese products so we can compete.

As consumers we would have to save our money and pay more for things but i don't see that to be bad for us also.

Anyway's, We have The greatest Ohio Made ice fishing website made great by Ohio Fisherman! Thanks Guy's!

Does seems like we could take this same pride and make everything in America and be proud again!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I know.  You can't hardly get away from it.  I agree with the Thorne Brothers rods.  Hoping by next winter to have a few.   ;D We'll see.

I keep telling myself that as well but with the length of ice "season" this year it makes it tough to go spend lots of money on ice gear.  I am probably going to hold off on spending much more on ice stuff this year because I will be wanting more soft water stuff once Spring rolls around.  Heck, I'm always wanting more stuff...

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Fathead45 is starting to make some quality rods. Not sure how much.

www.quickfishtipup.com

mikeL

• View Profile
I have mostly St. Croix 
Watch eBay u can pick them up for $15
Pro staff

Vexilar