Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New bass plastics--they've come a long way!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I remember when it was a Manns Jelly Worm, and that was about it.  Now there are so many soft plastics of every size, shape, color, and weight.  Went to Land Big Fish last week and picked up some of the new Jackall soft plastics.  Now I'm excited to try them out.  The bass don't stand a chance anymore!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
How would you even rig the gill and crappie plastics?
I bet those would be great for BIG girls on the beds.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I bet they will be!   Think I'll rig either with a jighead so I can get them to nose down on the bottom if I'm bed fishing.  Or if I want to swim them, I'll use an ewg hook weightless, with the hook bend under the belly of the bait so I can swim it along.  I'm also thinking of using them for flipping willows and reedbeds, like on Nimisila.  And think they'd be good weightless in lily pads, just lift them up to the bottom of the pad and tap that pad like a gill sucking bugs off it.  Bet it'll be dynamite!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar