Ice Fish Ohio Forum

how many years

perchguy · 19 · 10188

perchguy

• View Profile
I started ice fishing almost 30 years ago and been hooked sens.I fished some of the first trap attacks tournaments that the iceteam had.I have talked with DAVE GENZ a couple of times.SUPER NICE GUY.

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
8 years or so now.....and many many more to come ;D

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
55+ yrs.  I'm 59... Dad started us boys early.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I remember going with my grandpa around 4or5 years old so 30yrs
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

perchguy

• View Profile
All I think about is going icefishing.my wife thinks I'm crazy.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
My dad started my young too.  I'm 32 and have been ice fishing for 27 years.  My wife thinks I'm nuts too, but 3 years ago she got me a power auger!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I went to Mosquito and Pymatuning when I was a wee lad with my grandpa.  So, I've been ice fishing 30+ yrs with lots of time between my younger years to the last year or so not ice fishing much because of living in warmer climates.

I love it though!

OldSailor

• View Profile
Started as a young man in Minnesota. I'm 67 now. Had a break thanks to the Navy and gettin' back into it here in OH. But if I hit the lottery, you can come up to Minnesota and go fishing with me. I've been lucky enough to have gone fishing with the Lindners. (Lindy Rigs) Mn already has 6"-7" of good ice and are hammewring them. The only ice around here is in my ice cube tray! Anyone got safe fishable ice in OH?? Raise your hand!! Anyone? ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I was probably 10 yrs old the first time my dad and grandfather took me and my brothers out ice fishing. We had a bunch of fun pounding perch in the Irish hills area. But I'm just getting back into it after a long hiatus. I was only able to get out once last year, and am chomping at the bit to get out this year. I think I'm pretty much geared up and ready to go. I just need to find a few good spots in the Toledo area.

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
I am 50 years old and have been fishing as long as I can remember. However I didnt start Ice Fishing until after I moved up here to Wisconsin. The boys and I took it up together in 2007 and it is our favorite pastime.

topher7694

• View Profile
I started in 2006, so this will be my 5th season out...I do not know how I did not start ice fishing sooner, being that I have openwater fished for some 20 years...

pete12

• View Profile
as long as i can remember, i guess dad took us out when i was around 5-6.....i remember me and my younger brother building our first shanty when i was 13....my younger brother now lives in Maui, Hawaii and is coming back to visit, he will be here the 17th and is wanting to go ice fishing....cant wait to be back on the ice with him and dad again!! we have decided that if we have to we will travel to find some ice!!!

kuther

• View Profile
I have been ice fishing for 52 years. As I was growing up dad would tell the story about mom giving him heck since he kept me out on the ice too long, and him telling her that he wanted to come home sooner but I didn't want to leave.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
About 20 yrs. have fished longer than that, but believed "fish don`t eat over the winter' crap. had a neighbor i fished with and saw him come in from CJ with a dozen or so 11"- 14" crappie he`d just caught and been at it since...

perchguy

• View Profile
A lot of good information out there to share with all the years of fishing we all have. that's cool

Vexilar