Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice will surely come now

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
had my gear ready since thanksgiving. now i'm off work for a month. broke my ankle last night. waiting to get a cast after Christmas. i'll be out as soon as i can get my boots on. when you get out, put some on top for me.

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Gosh Pig Puncher thats poor timing. I hope things heal fast for you. Dave

Icetester

• View Profile
Hey, Thanks for taking one for the team!!   In all seriousness that's not good news so hope its a quick recovery...Maybe some of your friends can wheel u on the ice when it arrives, hope they dont forget to wheel u back at the end of the day ;D

OldSailor

• View Profile
That really sux!! At least the way the weather has been going, you might get a chance to heal some! Get them to put on a walking cast small enough to put a big boot on!!  ;D We'll reserve a HANDICAP spot out there for you!! LOL..Seiously, I hope it heals quickly and you and yours have a Merry Christmas in spite of this!! Just how did you break it ??? I'll ask what everyone else is wondering!! ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Get well Pig.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
Heal up fast.....Hope you still get to see plenty of ice.....
Gaff its not just for chicken...

networthy

• View Profile
Well, if your misfortune doesn't help make ice soon, I will sell my ice equipment to someone in Canada, maybe that will help  lol

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
inquiring minds want to know... ;D. i was walking on unfamiliar ground in the dark. the Christmas spirits were involved.  :-[

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Rest up and get well soon.  Hopefully you can be walking in 2 weeks, if so you won't miss any ice fishing!  Hope you can join us on first ice! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

mikeL

• View Profile
Weather is not looking good through the weekend. Lows just at freezing.
Friends are sending pics of them ice fishing in Wi.

Looks like I'm heading North afters the first of the year if it doesn't start cooling down.
8" of solid ice and making more in North central WI
Pro staff

OldSailor

• View Profile
inquiring minds want to know... ;D. i was walking on unfamiliar ground in the dark. the Christmas spirits were involved.  :-[

What flavor/variety were the spirits ??? ::) ;D Heal quick,before ice comes. Hope Christmas was good in spite of the ankle!! :)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Sorry Pig Puncher on your bad luck, but you're not the only one.

I managed to roll/twist both my ankles within the last 4 weeks.  (Rt ankle was sprained on Christmas day while at my in-laws). 

The only consolation is there is no ice as yet.,

BUT I HAVE A SEVERE CASE OF "CABIN FEVER"!!!!!!!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
it's worse than i thought. i went to the orthopedic surgeon today. i go under the knife tomorrow. getting some hardware to put things together. he said 6-8 weeks.

OldSailor

• View Profile
Hope you heal quick, but don't push it!! You don't want it scewed up the rest of your life!! :(

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Not good!  Hopefully can get out for a couple weeks end of Feb or early March.  Take care, rest up, and get ready for late season ice.  Someone can always drill your holes and pull you on the ice in a sled, all you need to do is sit there and fish!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar