Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Sat.3-1-14---c-5

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Got on the ice about 1130 a.m. was fishing in 7ft.water was stained,visibility about 18-20 inches.I was getting a few gills some dinks some keepers,a few nice red ears 1 keeper crappie,then around 3 p.m. two old friends of mine showed up that i havent seen for years so we had a nice reunion,they brought lanterns with them,i did not plan to fish after dark,but i decided to stay and fish with them,we started to pick up some craps around 7 p. m. fairly steady enough to keep it interesting,I got 7 but when i left my one buddy had 16 and the other one only had one,he was using thick coiled green line,however my other bud showed me a new technique,or new to me any how,he would let the jig into the water till the line went tight,then reach up the rod to the first eye and take the line in his thumb a index finger and pull it towards him,then jig,when he felt a bump he would let go of the line,then set the hook when he felt the bump again,thus giving the fish more time to the put bait in its mouth.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's a cool idea.  It's a variation of a bass fishing technique called stitching.  I'll use it with Carolina rigged worms sometimes. I never would've thought to use it on the ice though.  Thanks for sharing, I'm going to try it tomorrow morning when I hit the ice.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
your welcome,just thought i would throw that out there,i probaly wont be going again till thurs. when it warms up,then im gonna hit it hard till the end,its coming,good luck tomorrow  :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks, not sure where I'm going yet.  Have fun later this week!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar