Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Trip to port Clinton

Duckman · 23 · 14328

joewallguy

• View Profile
I would suggest getting bait at magee east. It is located about 2 miles east of the wildlife area aka crane creek. It is on the north side n kind off the road but keep you eyes open n u will see it lit up. Eric and crew are outstanding people there. Open at 5:30 am. 

I was told the 911 crack half mile out of catawaba is going to crap today by a friend who crossed it. Quad went half in there today also. Haven't heard first hand on crane creek today. Warm up, rain, high off shore winds coming in next few days. You guys may want to reschedule! !! Hate to say it. You may find yourselves spending the night on west sister :-( seriously.  most the local pros are taking a pass on this weekend for a reason. Next week looks cold again. Don't let me tell you but I live 45 min away with a sled to use and a terrible walleye fever and I'm staying home. Just sayin.  lake Erie is a different animal than any other ice fishing. Just ask the hundreds that needed rescue in 09.

Duckman

• View Profile
Thanks guys may take a pass on this weekend and go the next

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I would pass with the wind coming and I will wait until next weekend.

Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Duckman

• View Profile
How is ice holding up can you get on at crane creek or would next weekend be better thanks guys

Duckman

• View Profile
Well guys we made the trip thanks for all your help with minnows from magge east and launch from crane creek Lake Erie did not disappoint as soon as we got to west sister island fish on within ten minute not a keeper to small let him go by the end of the weekend we landed 26 walleye did some nice releases at hole and lost ten more half way up 2 fish where almost 11 and five where 8 this is a great place with even better people everyone was great help I will post pics if I can figure out how.

Duckman

• View Profile

g

• View Profile
Glad you had a safe and successful trip. Nice fish.

Vexilar