Ice Fish Ohio Forum

wanted....accurate ice report

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Im calling upon all you erie regulars for a very accurate ice conditions report after thurs.planning on coming up but want to be safe and have an enjoyable experience!thanks in advance ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Ice should still be in great shape, gonna be slushy next few days, Im gonna fish sunday. It should harden up the slush sat night. 20" where I have been fishing. Only worry should be the crack. I will keep ya posted about conditions the next few days.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks to all,any info helps,even a "yikes"! I will meet you up there Saturday mullgyn if your bored
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

joewallguy

• View Profile
Was  told first hand that 911 crack opened up about 2' today off Catawaba.  swallowed a quad but they got it out. I'm waiting for next weekend myself.  n I live 45 min away with a sled to use.Get ready for some news stories

Mullygyn

Its a no go for me this time. Had a good time out a few weeks ago with ya. Good luck. Be safe. Remember... Like a piece of cheese lmao

thefields

• View Profile
Fished out of catabwa yesterday, the crack is close to shore. The slush around it was the main problem, don't go along and use caution, but it is crossable. Fishing was great.

thefields

• View Profile
My two buddies fished this morning, crack has worsened. We are staying away until the next freeze hits. Extreme caution, things cab change in very little time on the lake.

Walleyebob

• View Profile
My two buddies fished this morning, crack has worsened. We are staying away until the next freeze hits. Extreme caution, things cab change in very little time on the lake.
Which crack was there Sunday the only crack I saw was out kinda southwest of green had about 2foot of snow following it

wlleyes1

• View Profile
Went northwest of cawtawba bout 3 miles. pulled 4 Lost 4 and had many lookers on the screen. Left the ice about 1030 during the rain. The crack where I crossed in the morning looked exactly the same when I came in. I crossed where the piece of plywood was laying.

maxfire26

• View Profile
Did you cross the crack on foot or on ATV?  Planning trying my luck this Saturday.  When I say trying my luck I don't mean getting lucky catching fish I mean luck as far as risking losing my gear and quad through a crack.  Any updates on the ice conditions before early Saturday A.M. is greatly appreciated by me. 

wlleyes1

• View Profile
Was using quad. Its gotta be weak from everyone basicly crossing the same spot day in and day out. Stop short a check things out, spud check etc,etc. Get up some good speed and go!

thefields

• View Profile
The crack I'm referring to is just out of catabawa state park ramp, less than half a mile.  The spot where everyone is crossing is getting beat up. I seen a couple others past it but no water coming thru and they can be driven around, not extremely long. I'm assuming amount of rain, how much use it gets during this warm period and winds from the south will determine how big it gets. Weather looks great again early next week.

Vexilar