Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Power pole

LOST TACKLE

• View Profile
i am looking into buying a power pole and was wondering if anyone had one and could fill me in on if they like it or not any info would be great

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I do not have opne but would like to get one. From everyone that i spoke to about the power pole is that they love them for shallow water application. They are great for site fishing for bass or workin docks.

Hope this helps. If you live by Knox Marine thay selll and install them. Let Steve know i sent you. He will also tell you everything you need to know about them. He will tell you the truth.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Jiggn Fool

• View Profile
I have one but wish I had 2 to keep the boat from spinning. But I do really like the power pole alot. I have a 6 footer

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for that post jiggen fool. I seen guys on tv that had 2 and wondered why. That makes sense now.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry for the lateness of this reply, but the power poles are awesome.  I have an 8 footer.  Had it for 3 years now, got it when they first came out for freshwater use.  Now I don't know what I'd do without it, as I fish alone 75% of the time.  It is so convenient for loading/unloading as well as flippin.  I also musky fish and the power pole works great as a downrigger of sorts for my bucktails; I drilled a tiny hole in the bottom of the fiberglass spike, attached a release clip that I can easily remove by undoing a fish stringer clip, and with that I can get precise control of double cowgirls depth with the touch of a button right beside my steering wheel.  If you get one, you'll never run out of uses for it.  I highly recommend it.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar