Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 16, 2024, 06:17:57 AM

Author Topic: Area Updates  (Read 8064 times)

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
Area Updates
« on: January 21, 2013, 06:22:49 AM »

Am I the only one who feels like a kid before Christmas? I never thought as a grown man that a weather forecast would make me so excited   :D   Anyone have some Indian updates to share?  Trying to plan my week accordingly.
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

Green Pea

• View Profile
Re: Area Updates
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »

I feel the same way. The ice was looking good until the warm up hit and I never made it on any. Hopefully this cool down does the trick. I've never fished Indian lake so I'm ready.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »

I've never been on Indian either, want to try it though, keep hearing good reports about it.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Fishin 2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:18:43 AM »

MMMM, All the big fish are on the WEST side of the lake !!! ::). No really, I'm more than ready. Was playing with Jawjackers in the basement last night and almost put an eye out. Glad she wasn't any closer !!! Mike
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 11:18:06 AM »

Took my jawjacker to the docks to try out.  Tapped spikes gently into wood. Was impressed on how it caught 4 inch bluegills with ease.  Can't wait to get to Indian hopefully this weekend to try on real fish.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

Green Pea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 05:43:29 PM »

Careful fishing2, you'll shoot your eye out ;D I really hope to be on ice this weekend. Is the Moundwood area where everyone goes? I have to be honest, last year was my first year fishing through the winter and there was no ice. I'm hoping to see people on the ice so I know when it's safe.

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 06:40:19 PM »

For all I will check ice and hopefully I will be out there Friday lake was frozen over on Monday and will be building the next 4 days so I guess we will be fishing by Thursday definetly Saturday so if your fishing let me know I will be there friday
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

eyeon2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »

Water was churned up pretty well with the wind and previous rain......  Four days under the glass will help.  Ground freeze will help as well.

If still stained later in week I will stick with blue/black for the crappies and deep red, black, or gold for the vibee loving eyes.

ICE COLD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 07:05:04 AM »

Firefish, I plan on being there Friday myself. I think I met you last time we were on the ice at Indian. My brother and i wa sthere and we caught a few eyes. I asked if you were going to help with the kids festival. Plan on being at the same place Friday morning.

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 12:54:25 PM »

Ditto here...gonna be there Friday morn..may try Thursday too and if I do will post an update. 
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 08:58:49 PM »

My cell is 937 538 8081 I will be there early so call me when you can
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 09:51:52 PM »

Hope your right about it being fishable friday or saturday.  Already told work I'm sick and coming home thursday morning in case it only lasts a short while like the last ice.  Most likely will fish the moundwood / Dunns pond area and if that don't work run to the west side for late day.  Got my bud chasing chubs in the creek for the tip-ups.  Spent 4 hours last time and got nothing in the little miami or buck creek.  While fishing for eyes last weekend found the chubs but only one eye.  Did have fun with a nice bowfin and some strange 3lb fish that fought harder than any eye I've ever hooked while checking the mad river.  Not trout either. 
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

JoeGoble

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 12:47:48 PM »

black hawk had 4 inches of ice at boat ramp and two guys where fishing their and I heard that longs had 5 inches and their was 3 trucks at 2nd pull off.

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 09:34:05 PM »

Thanks for the update Joe.  We are hitting the ice tommorrow morning...blackhawk more than likely. I'll be in the black frabill trekker if anyone else makes it out.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar