Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Don't want to be an alarmist

Banker · 7 · 4074

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Last year we had a first snow by now skim ice on mountain lakes in Colorado and lakes in Manitoba ... What goes up....I would love to be completely wrong....please tell me I am
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I think it'll be ok. Last winter was a once in 30 years deal. I've been ice fishing for 25 years, and have never ice fished March 25th like I did last year!  I really, really think we'll have a nice 2 month ice season that will start up at Mogadore or Nimi around mid-December and go thru end of February. I think there will be a small thaw like usual around early to mid-January, but we will have a nice, but not as long as last year, ice season! 
Fish on!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
you know the weather guessers have been wrong all year  :P  im with slab,i  think we will have a normal winter ... so don't worry my friends  it will happen,, ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Thanks for talking me off the ledge guys my wife kindly reminded me that I have just as much booked out of state as I do in state this year so either way us Ohioans find a way to get on ice!
🎣
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

g

• View Profile
Hopefully it will be a long season. I am going to fish as much as possible. Have fun and be safe.

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 :) Its going to be what its going to be . Ijust hope its not another warmer than normal winter teasing us with almost safe ice.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Weather forecasters are like used car salesmen: honest, trustworthy and dependable...

Vexilar