Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Any Southern Lakes?

AndyUSMC14

• View Profile
Hey guys new to your forum! Just wondering if any of you know any good southern ohio lakes to fish Lake Rupert is about the only one i fish just looking for something new to try. Im in Jackson Co. would drive around 40 miles to fish. Thanks

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lake Logan is a spot where I have heard of guys fishing quite a bit through the ice. A buddy and I have been meaning to hit up Rose Lake in the Hocking area as well, we need to look into it a little more as there may not be any ice fishing in that lake. Those two might be worth your drive if you could get the scoop.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I also just looked and Rocky Fork Lake is about 40 mi. from Jackson as well. We have a sponser down there and I'm sure they'll give you all the info you could need! Look them up on the lake threads.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

AndyUSMC14

• View Profile
Ratherbefishing thanks for the info never even thought of lake logan used to fish there alot in the summer theres a really good bait shop there too Downs Bait and tackle Ive always wanted to try rocky fork just dont know enough about it never heard of rose lake

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Hey Andy,

We dont have a lot of lakes on the board that are below I 70 because they do not not seem to freeze well. However this year may be the exception. My sponsor for the Rocky Fork board told me this fall that their is brush and cinder blocks under the docks and that they catch big crappies right off of the ends of the their docks. I would give here a call to see if they are open for business. You can still fish off of the docks if they are closed. This could be a sleeper spot.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar