Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crane Fri 28th

E- man · 7 · 5221

E- man

• View Profile
Started out bad by losing my favorite rod on the way out. Went back but was gone already. Went out about 6 1/2 mi S E of West Sister 28 fow. Hooked up with a couple guys from Mich. Very lite bite Gold pimples worked for us. ended up with 14. Two over 9 1/2 lbs rest were 7 plus. Crack right off shore not looking to good. Suggest planks. It was still crossable but I think thats going to change soon. Also chains or studs would really help on the clear ice. I have studs, no problems. Good luck everyone!! :)

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Good job on the fish e-man. Bummer about the rod. Saturday on the way out there had to be at least 6 -7 shelters that were on the trail that came unbuttoned from  machines while in tow. Some guys were coming back others I think need mirrors on their machines. Traveling was very smooth, I think a lot new folks have coming out for first time. I never seen so many people at one parking area. I would have thought the droves of machines going out by west sister would have pushed the walleye to Canada, but they stick around. With snow snow on the ice the noise really traveled. For sure a season for the ages. I dropped my I phone in my hole. First phone I lost so I been pretty lucky. 
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

E- man

• View Profile
Thanks eye wall . The trade off rod for 9 1/2 lb eye was OK. To bad about the phone. Hope you had a good day otherwise. Sounds like about everyone did. awesome year! Great carry over from last season open water bite.Hope to get out during this week. Looks like a warm up coming.

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
I'm hoping to get another weekend in, looks pretty good weather wise. I might do Crane again. I would never have thought I would be ice fishing the big pond towards the middle of March. 2 years ago I trolled for eyes out of Catawba March 9th on the boat. It may be til April before the boats can even think about going out this year . Its much more fun pulling them big slobs out of an 8" hole anyhow.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

porter123

• View Profile
I came across this video several years ago and the phone made me think of it. 
cell phone rescue ice fishing Saginaw Bay

They got their phone back.

E- man

• View Profile
Now that's funny ,I don't care who you are!!!!:) :)  Awesome video !!

tomb

• View Profile
I'm hoping to get another weekend in, looks pretty good weather wise. I might do Crane again. I would never have thought I would be ice fishing the big pond towards the middle of March. 2 years ago I trolled for eyes out of Catawba March 9th on the boat. It may be til April before the boats can even think about going out this year . Its much more fun pulling them big slobs out of an 8" hole anyhow.

Agree with all of that, especially last sentence!

Vexilar