Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Not even in Michigan

Banker · 10 · 4739

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I just called the man "ficious jigs" himself and they had the same situation on Lake St. Clair that we had at Indian- about an inch or so of ice and then 3 days of rain...no ice reported anywhere near Lake St. Clair right now. He live 20 miles north of Detroit so you would have to drive pretty far north to ice fish right now.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

1gmkiller

My sister-in-laws grandfather lives in the UP and she talked to him today and said they have just a skim on the small ponds and thats it. Her and my brother live between Cadilac and Traverse City and they have nothing around them.

mikeL

• View Profile
My cousins are fishing in north central Wi
Right as I post this.
Pro staff

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Not a good year so far for the eastern side of the ice belt.  Hopefully the people in northern MN and WI can send some cold weather our way!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

mikeL

• View Profile
the ice has been shaky so far this year. It came on good but the had a warm spell almost take it out. now its back a forming solid ice. Normally by thanksgiving the early ice is on. So it's even late in the northwoods.
Pro staff

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Mike, What part of the Northwoods do your cousins live in. I plan on taking the boys to the Lake Tomahawk Fisheree in Feb.

OldSailor

• View Profile
Even Minnesota has had it's problems!! On Lake Mille Lac they had to rescue ice fisherman with a hovercraft when leads opened up stranding fisherman!!
Here's the link:  http://brainerddispatch.com/news/2011-12-19/rocky-ice-conditions-mille-lacs-lake-causes-several-rescue-missions
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Just talked with someone from Wisconsin who is not able to get on ice yet either. This is a bad december all over the place...except the North East and the Mountain states- they are killing em in Montana!
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

mikeL

• View Profile

Phillips

Turtle flambeau flowage  up by mercer
Pro staff

mikeL

• View Profile

Vexilar