Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Tech Razor

Banker · 10 · 5868

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
On a day when the last thing on my mind should be fishing, I encourage you all to make a deposit in the relationship bank with the ones you love and do something special for them.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Lakeview+OH+43331:4:US
My wife got me a rod reel combo for valentine’s day and I picked up a new icetech reel (see photo) that should be here before next week. I have the morning of Friday the 22nd off and will most likely be meeting Todd and anyone else at Gander Mountain to get a new fishing license and try my luck with my new rod.

Will be hanging with my wife from 2pm on so it will be 7pm- 1pm on docks…potentially ice if this forecast is accurate.
Just skim ice at Indian Lake now.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:35:21 AM by Scott Albrecht "Banker" »
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

buddachiefer

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I have an Ice Tech those are nice I like how the reels are bigger.  Quicker to pull the fish home.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Minnowhead

• View Profile
That pic of the reel is AWESOME!!  8)
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I can't wait to see one in person and try it out..potentially through an ice hole. :)
I have heard the the pros have been using these types of reels for 15 years and it is finally coming back full circle.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Well the only gripe I have is they are a bear to get that knot tied on the reel when you spool them.  So slick and can't get it to hold.  I thought about using tape to hold it but held it by hand until it would spool.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I found the same problem with the frabill straight line combo 24" i just got..maybe it is just fly reels in general as they are hard to access with my fat frozen hot dog fingers.

A fly fishing friend of mine recommended tying on fly line first (just a couple feet) then regular mono or flouro.

Which line goes better on fly reels, mono or flouro?
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

buddachiefer

I have flouro on mine and what I did is wind the line on the reel five times cris crossing it over itself then tied the knot pulled it tight hasn't spun on me. By the way braided line is horrible on these reels.

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I remember having the problem with schooley reels too. This wrap the line 5 times things seems like the trick will try it when my reel arives. I am trying new line too and will report on it if it does wonders like I hope it will.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
That Flouroice line is real nice and smooth and will not freeze up I have tested different ones this winter.  I will be hitting the hardwater through next weekend
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar