Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Last Ice

Banker · 4 · 2426

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Most people in Ohio have spring fever about now...but for a few in the northern parts of the state, last ice is providing some of the best fishing available all year around.

A great opportunity to fish for a multitude of species.

Below the ice fish are seeing sunlight again- phytoplankton develops- food chain starts up again- pre spawn - what species  to target..tip up pike, pre spawn walleye, and great pan fishing up shallow...even catfish coming out of deep basins and moving up onto flats.

Just be safe. Even Lake St. Clair has only 2 weekends left before it all blows out.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

fishsee5

• View Profile
Still reports of guys fishing Mosquito. Looks like Friday and Saturday will be it for the season.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It does.  Despite all that's happened this season, it really hasn't been that bad. Still ice fishing and its March 8th.  It was an up and down year, but we got out, iced some nice fish, and had fun!  Isn't that what ice fishing is all about.  I look forward to a better year next season.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

buddachiefer

I'll have 2 more trips out on the ice this year and then its time to get the boats ready. I want one more freezer bag of ice fish.

Vexilar