Ice Fish Ohio Forum

First ice

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Hey guys, just wanted to say a few words about this time of year. I know everyone is eager to get on the ice and trust me there are very few as eager as I am. Please do not trust what others say about the thickness. Spud and drill your way out to the fishing grounds. Just because you see people out fishing doesn't mean the entire area is safe. Please have the appropriate safety gear in case something does happen. I wish everyone a great ice season, I just don't want the unfortunate to happen. Have read way too many reports of "accidents" across the ice belt all season. I know the seasoned vets know how to approach the ice but I want those new to the sport to be safe and know that no ice is safe ice! Tight lines y'all I

Downthehole

• View Profile
Hey guys, just wanted to say a few words about this time of year. I know everyone is eager to get on the ice and trust me there are very few as eager as I am. Please do not trust what others say about the thickness. Spud and drill your way out to the fishing grounds. Just because you see people out fishing doesn't mean the entire area is safe. Please have the appropriate safety gear in case something does happen. I wish everyone a great ice season, I just don't want the unfortunate to happen. Have read way too many reports of "accidents" across the ice belt all season. I know the seasoned vets know how to approach the ice but I want those new to the sport to be safe and know that no ice is safe ice! Tight lines y'all I

+1 on that...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
   tight ice everyone
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Where's your sense of adventure Josh? Kidding. Check the ice as you go. Currents ,and springs can make for unsafe ice. Good ice 1 step and bad ice the next. Be safe all and good luck.

Vexilar