Ice Fish Ohio Forum

lake preference

g · 12 · 5493

g

• View Profile
What lake do you hope to fish first and what species do you target?  Living near Dayton, I usually fish Indian Lake first and fish for saugeyes and perch.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good thread!  I like either Mogadore or Nimi, both for panfish. I've gotten some huge bluegill, Crappie, and perch from those lakes. It depends on wind and temps which one the backwaters on freezes up first. If they're the same, I'd pick C -5 on Nimi!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D I like Nimi bercauce of the short travel time , but any frozen waterway will do as long as I can fish it. I love this sport.

crappiehunter

• View Profile
I use to be all for fishing Salt fork, but after last years slow season down there I found this site and with the help of everyone I started venturing out to new lakes. I have to say by far that the nimi is my new place to go hands down. last season I easily caught 9in and bigger bluegill and some of the largest crappie I've ever caught ice fishing. slab I would have to disagree with you though on your first choice spot, pizza bay or pine tree bay are my go-to spots ;D

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Those are great spots, but usually don't freeze quite as fast as C -5. That's the reason I choose C-5 first. Pizza bay yielded some great fish for me last year and I'll be back there!  And I didn't make it over to pine tree bay until late in the season, but did well there. I want to fish it more this year earlier in the season. I'm getting a new 1 man shanty that's lighter and will make longer walks more tolerable!  Bring on the ice!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

crappiehunter

• View Profile
yeah I think everyone knew about pizza bay halfway through the season lol pine tree bay was great for me that's where I got most of my perch from. and remember you didn't hit it up until late season because you were going to meet me out there lol

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep!  ;D But I intend to hit it sooner this year. I got some really nice ones in there and am looking forward to it again!

Team Wilcraft!

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
mogadore or nimo maybe old state park,had skim ice on bird bath this morning,its coming. :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Salmonid

• View Profile
Im also from Dayton, its Kiser, CJ Brown and plan to beat up on St Marys a few more times this year. also have a farm pond I like because its not an hour away..LOL

Eastwood is close if ice is good enough..

Salmonid

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
In order:
1.) IL (Indian Lake)
2.) Alum Creek (due to less of an ice season)
3.) Lake Erie (only due to distance)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
That's a great picture of ya banker with your shanty Hut in the background,only thing missing is walleye? ???
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
guys my fav is erie, but its a big place , and then its any body of water with perch, all the other fish are bonuses,,, hahahahh.... ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar