Ice Fish Ohio Forum

headed out tonight

kortis04 · 15 · 10250

kortis04

• View Profile
Anyone else headed out tonight?  Might be on fire tonight out there :o, might not be also lol. 

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
staying home today and for sure tomorrow,3 degrees for high,you going to try that area we talked about?
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Hawaiian Ice

• View Profile
Would love to, but still getting over a cold I caught from being out Sunday evening.  Will be taking a newbie out fishing Friday evening after work.  He is all excited about going and driving me nuts at work all week.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Would love to also, especially since I just bought a 6" Nils Auger this morning., but wife had Cataract Surgery today.... so I'm playing Male Nurse today & tomorrow.  Hopefully the weekend for me.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Strongpersuader

• View Profile

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yep., have 2 ice fishing pals that have them. One has the 6" while the other has the 8".  Heck, the 8" Nills cut faster than my 4" Mora Auger.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

kortis04

• View Profile
You guys missed a good night.  Bucketfull of keepers last night. Lost crapzilla at the hole also lol. Average size was 10in. 

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
John did you get the 6" trekker? That's gonna be my next purchase. I have the nils 8" auger for 2 seasons on the original blade. Still cuts great. Don't really care for the blade guard tho, hard to keep on.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
My Nils is called the 6" Velocity Convertible. Model UR600C  It already comes with the drill plate made with auger.

Please note: The Nils power adapter and power sleeve are not included and are sold separately.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:07:44 AM by icebucketjohn »

Strongpersuader

• View Profile

Warner22

• View Profile
Has anyone had success towards the dam? Thought about trying the south part of the lake soon

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Only heard of one report where a guy got a couple dozen nice perch in 23 fow in the dam area.  Other than that, it's been quiet and results have been poor.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
just got back from nimi , started in  11 ft by the west shore south of the pump house. just pencil perch, so moved around a bit with same results small perch on minnows. trip was a break in trip for my neighbor , he has never been on the ice. headed  down to south end ran from 11 ft out to 24 ft and same results , small perch..water was clear enough to see 11 ft down, lots of good markes and was laughing when I watched the fish chase my jigs up and down, oh well my buddy enjoyed the trip. ps... he looked like a cat on a hot roof when he first hit the ice.. ;D ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

kortis04

• View Profile
Was out last night for a bit. Bite started ok, then the wind switched and completely shut off.  Headed back tonight to see what happens.  Hopefully better than last night

crappiehunter

• View Profile
Hey it was good for me until I got cold. I told you to take my spot when I left lol

Vexilar