Ice Fish Ohio Forum

catawba refreezing

g · 7 · 5069

g

• View Profile
went & checked erie out today. 1 airboat went out of catawba today. the north wind has the ice mostly pushed back in. hopefully the weather will stay cold enough for it to refreeze by next weekend. the ice around shore was still walkable. a couple of guys were off mazuric but didn't get a chance to see if they caught anything. whites landing had about a foot wide crack about 50 yrds. in front of it. nobody was fishing it. still has 4-5 inches of ice & some water on top where holes have eroded in the ice (might have been where old holes had been drilled). i'll post more when i hear anything. should still be able to fish put in bay if you fly over & hire a guide. too bad you can only carry 1 bucket on the plane (that's what it used to be - i haven't flown over in 4 or 5 years).

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I hope she stays in and I hope whites is good for saturday!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

phishyone1

• When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
    • View Profile
Any new reports on the ice conditions out of Catawba State Park?
Thank you,
Pete Sekerak (Phishyone1)

g

• View Profile
erie is frozen over again. air boats are breaking through the ice going to the islands. the ice between green island & put in bay is still 10 inches. it's just getting to fishable ice is the problem unless you hire a guide.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Is the Ice safe out to Middle Harbor reef?
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

mikeL

• View Profile
you can fish off  the island pib, just have to walk from shore to where you want to fish. The tax will give you a ride from the hotel to the landing
Pro staff

Vexilar