Ice Fish Ohio Forum

friends went today

g · 5 · 3691

g

• View Profile
my buddies went today. late start (about 2:20). went out of catawba toward port clinton. went about 1 mile to the shove on snowmobiles. 16" ice where they were. 1 lost fish. fishing in 12 ft of water. air boat cptn. had 1 fish from around green island & said ice on other side of shove was only 3" thick & airboat was breaking through. they said they saw 1 snowmobile & 1 quad past the shove. they should get an earlier start tomorrow & have a more complete report.

maxfire26

• View Profile
Thanks for the update...keep us posted if you can.  I am itching to get out about 2 miles and catch some eyes!

g

• View Profile
my buddies went about 2 miles out yesterday. fished 22 - 24 feet of water. water was so clear they could see dead shad on the bottom & baitfish swimming around. marked very few fish & didn't catch anything. they said the shove is about 100 yards of up & down & slow going. they said about 100 people out. didn't hear of any fish caught. they found 1 place across the shove that was 2-3 inches deep.be careful!! hopefully the cold weather up there will increase the ice thickness. people up there think the bite will turn on this weekend.

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
I hope the bite turns on soon. Im heading to Island this Thursday and Friday. It should only get better right?
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

g

• View Profile
i heard the bite last sat. was at put in bay. hopefully the ice will thicken up everywhere by this weekend next weekend for sure. catch some pigs & be safe.

Vexilar