Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Catawba 1-25

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
Tried to go out of camp perry first thing this morning...huge crack 300 yds off shore so went out of Catawba.  Ice was sketchy at best in some spots and had to pick our way out.  Made it out about 2.5 miles but it was no day in the park. Crack from camp perry runs clear off catawba as well.  40 yds at least of open water.  Went another couple miles toward south bass to 31 fow.
3 of us fished all day and threw everything at em but the kitchen sink but no eyes to show. Even stayed for the "evening bite" which was non existent. Gonna try again tommorrow toward Green I think if we can get out there and will let you know how it goes.  Bite very slow right now for most people although a few caught here or there.  Most reports that are favorable seem to be coming from the islands. If your gonna try to hit the wreck off Catawba you might want to get an airboat beacuse crack is just before it.  Hopefully winds out of the North tommorrow will help lock it up and make trek out to Green easier. Ice was anywhere from 7-11 inches where we were but like I said....some sketchy spots but thats erie.  
A great day to be out fish or not as the big lake is always an adventure
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:36:27 AM by hardwateraddiction »
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Thanks for the update, hopefully she thickens up some and some fish move in!!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Vexilar