Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Heading to Nimmy on Saturday 2/28

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Gonna give Nimmy another shot.  I'll be there very, very early.  Blue Clam Nanook. Short Fat Guy in a Red Suit... NOT Santa Claus.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Dave_E

• View Profile
I'm going to try to get out too.

Going to try one more time to find some weeds in 8-10 ft water.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
gosh guys I would meet ya but im headed to wingfoot , will be out from main shelter in a red eskimo, maybe see ya ....I caught about 20 gills  over there today, not monsters but good for dinner for the women and I......good luck
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
going out today around 2:30 going to fish after dark till 9:00,gotta get a day in before snow sun. and rain arrive,will be hitting it hard for the duration,as soon as weather permits,last year last ice produced some of my best days.will  be in red eskimo wide one shanty,going out of c-1
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icefshrman31

• View Profile
How do YOU like your Eskimo Wide One ? I thick Eskimo makes a GREAT SHANTY.....

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fished Nimmy from 5:45am - 1pm out of C-1 Parking Lot. Temperature was -9 when I exited my truck at 5am.  Trekked across the lake, but never hit the spot I wanted to get to.  Dragging the gear & walking was brutal for this 62yr old.  Dustin Lancy showed up at 7pm and decided to hit deeper water towards the middle of the lake. He was getting Perch along with a couple of Channel Cats

Bite was slow, but managed to bring home 8 Crappie & 4 Gills. Fish were caught on Minnows, Waxies & Maggots. No Monsters. Crappies were 9-9-1/2 inches. Caught some of the Crappie right under the 20" ice.

Had my line break on something big... 3lb Braided Fireline Crystal.  (Must've had a weak spot, bc up till now, I've never lost a fish with braided line).

Talked to Carl (Big Daddy) Bectal at the C1 Parking Lot. Also met Holehopper Gary too.

Loved it.. Wish I could've stayed longer, but family obligations were calling.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• View Profile
ice,i like the shanty alot,especially the expandable feature,i do not like the chair that came with it,moves around to much,took it out and sit on a bucket,will be making some adjustments by next season.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

crappiehunter

• View Profile
holehopper, you are always making adjustments to something haha hey I tried that jig you showed me last time I saw you. It was just a small pink minnowhead jighead with a pink tub on it and it worked great yesterday. I couldn't believe how many perch I got on it and even two nice gills

holehopper

• View Profile
yes,once you start catching fish on the artificals your confidence will build,and you will find yourself using them more and more,glad it worked out for you. :)

Vexilar