Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/19/14

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Fished some new areas today, marked a ton of fish but couldn't get bit.  Then went over to try a small area of deeper water I found in C-5 in January and got into the bluegill.  Got about 30 or so in an hour. About 1 in 3 was a keeper, between 8-9", the rest dinks.  Got a couple small largemouth in there as well. Ice was still a good 12-14" minimum, if not more.  But there was starting to get to be a lot of slush on top when I left around noon, it wasn't like that when I got there at 7:30.  Hope the rain knocks the weight of the snow off so the water can drain off and have nice ice for the tournament Sunday.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well that's good news and I hope the ice survives this warm blast. I was going to change strategy on where to fish , it looks like your on my thought train   heheheh. :D  I even put together a gas drill so I didn't kill myself for the tourney,, ;D ....now if all this water entering the lake doesn't dirty it up we may do good... ??? bet those fish were just below the surface  and moving around a lot...? and heavy on the bottom...were they hittin good or hit and run.  well see ya out there .....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I hoping the water doesn't get real stained either but not crossing my fingers on that one. I will be purchasing a used underwater camera so that will be a fun toy if the fish are not biting.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep, some were only 2' below the ice. The entire water column was lit up with fish in the shallows.  Not so much in deep water, but the oxygen is getting back in the shallow water now and the fish are heading back in there.  I agree on the water clarity thing, it was fine yesterday, but too much run off could blow things up.  I just hope it gets rid of the slush.  That's a tough drag thru that.  Shanty dragging should be an Olympic sport, at least one with the weight mine is!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar