Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-18-15 Afternoon

Hawaiian Ice

• View Profile
New to the website.  Fish near the North Ramp with my son.  Caught lots of pencil perch and 2 keeper crappie.  Can't find the gills.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
First off, welcome!  The gills are being tough this year for me too. All I can say is keep doing that area. They're in there, look for the edges of the weeds and deeper pockets near a weed line. If you find that the big gills are close.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome, is it you I met at the check in station and you brought your kids back for weigh in?
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Hawaiian Ice

• View Profile
Hello and welcome, is it you I met at the check in station and you brought your kids back for weigh in?
No, that was not me.  We saw you guys weighing in when we drove by, but we never stopped.

Hawaiian Ice

• View Profile
First off, welcome!  The gills are being tough this year for me too. All I can say is keep doing that area. They're in there, look for the edges of the weeds and deeper pockets near a weed line. If you find that the big gills are close.
Thanks for the tip.  We will try it the next time we are out.

dyson92

• View Profile
That was me with the kids at the check in. They had a blast. Hope to get out with them Sunday am before wrestling match.

Vexilar