Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-22-15

crappiehunter

• View Profile
Hello everybody! Finally able to go out this week and test some new gear out, I plan on heading out mid morning and from what I hear either the ramp or c5 are the best bets. Is anyone else planning on going out?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll be out this afternoon. Just not sure where. Either Nimi or Deer Creek.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

crappiehunter

• View Profile
Well good luck to you. I'm heading to nimi now so maybe I'll see you out there

gillhunter

• View Profile
I am planning on hitting C-5 Saturday. Hows the ice there?

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How'd you do crappie?  I just left a few minutes ago. North end area. Ice there and at C-5 was 8-9" everywhere.  Crappie really got going after dark!  Ice is going to be here for a long time. The weekend warmup will not hurt us a bit. Back down to 5 Monday night.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

crappiehunter

• View Profile
well I got two crappie one was 8in and the other about 10 1/2 other then that all I got were dink gills and the biggest was maybe 7in. I did see holehopper out there and you can ask him the bite was horribly SLOW. I'm heading back out sunday but I might try pizza or falcon bay but I don't know for sure yet. the ice was probably 6-8 from what I could tell

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Falcon wasn't bad, but it was small fish until about an hour after dark. Then the crappies turned on and the dinks disappeared.

Team Wilcraft!

bluegillkiller

• View Profile
What bait yall using looking to hit it sat nite any kinda help is appreciated

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Glow jigs tipped with a waxie. Fish thru the weeds. Work the jig down to the lake bottom them raise it up a foot at a time and twitch it until the fish come in. Only way they hit last night.  It does take patience to fish thru the weeds like that but it's worth it.

Team Wilcraft!

crappiehunter

• View Profile
well it seems like the crappie are on for early early mornings or right after dark....which really sucks for me considering I work midnights and both those times I cant fish haha but I am glad to hear you've been doing good slab. I'm heading back out sunday so maybe I will have better luck

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hope so. I've picked up few here and there during the day but dawn and dusk have been best times by far.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar