Ice Fish Ohio Forum

wed.3-4-15

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
went to c-5 with my bud around noon,drilled up 2 holes,water was still stained,clarity was 6-8 inches,fished 30 min. with no takers,packed up and went to c-1,fished from 1 to 6pm.we managed a dozen crappies,15 or so gills,(all small) a few dink perch,and 3 golden shiners,crappie bite did not pick up at dusk,however i am predicting the day time crappie bite to pick up as the ice begins to melt,I was using jig and plastics,my bud was using jig and mags,he got the majority of the gills,and did a little better than me on the crappies. :-\
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Hawaiian Ice

• View Profile
I believe you are right about the daytime crappie bite.  Fished C-1 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm and all I got was 1 under size crappie.  Usually do pretty good during that time span.

crappiehunter

• View Profile
so you're saying that you didn't kill the gills this time Gary? that actually surprises me considering how many you've caught so far this year haha

Vexilar