Ice Fish Ohio Forum

It's Official: the U.S. Ice Fishing Season has started!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Famous icer, Dave Genz, has been ice fishing in northern North Dakota (Lake Mitagoshi) since November 18th catching monster gills!

Devil's Lake still has some open water spots.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

toadfish

• View Profile
Thanks for stoking up the ice fishing fever!  As if it was not bad enough having to wait around for ice to form in Ohio, you have to post Devils Lake photos.  I can practically see a subtle tick of the rod when those jumbo perch suck in a jig when the vexilar lights up.  I long to return to Devils Lake.

I am heading north to western Canada for business and it will be stoking the ice fishing fever up a few more notches as the temps have been in the single digits.

Come on Ohio ice!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Toad, extend your trip and take your gear with you.  Then you can scratch that itch.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I cant wait! Thanks for the pics.

I think we are do for a great season. Seems like these cold fronts are dropping down sooner this year. Lets hope they continue.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
44 DEGREES Water temp at Indian Lake. 10 Day forecast from a trusted site (not AccuWeather aka NotAccuWeather) Starting tomorrow every night for the next 10 days at Indian Lake will be below freezing except for Friday night (next week) when it is 36. Nothing crazy except tomorrow night when it gets into the teens. Should put a layer of ice on if the forecast holds. Keep checking everyday to see if its a bust
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

toadfish

• View Profile
Jmsteele, I would love to take my gear with me when I head north, but I will be in the middle of a city of over a million with no lakes nearby.  I guess I will have to wait for ice in Ohio.  I hope it won't be too long.  I will be putting the Vexilar battery an the charger later toady for what I hope is the last time until I get to wet a line.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

trapperjon

• View Profile
 a buddy at work drive's over mogadore  every day and seen skim ice along the south shore earlier this week.    i'm loving the 10 day forecast,  :)

Vexilar