Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Looking to make the trip from MN.

travlingypsy

• View Profile
Walleye fishing has been poor in MN this year so far.  I have been wanting to make the trip to Lake Erie for a while.  What you say about a cpl guys wanting to try their hand at catching big Lake Erie eye's!

Any info would be great!
Good luck fishing from MN!

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Providing that the ice is safe, its a pretty good bet the someone from your group would catch a big one. If you find a good guide its a certainty that all will. Wouldn't Winnipeg be closer?
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

travlingypsy

• View Profile
Yeah I have been up there before also. Winnipeg has its good times but I have had this burning itch to fish Erie and try my luck for a monster.   How much longer will the ice be okay to fish on?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
What is your slot limit up that way this ice season? How many can you keep?
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

icefshrman31

• View Profile
Slot Limit and number that can be kept vary depending on bidy of water. The MINNESOTA ICE FISHERMAN should go to UPPER RED LAKE. Much closer. I just got back and had a BLAST.

travlingypsy

• View Profile
Each large body of water is different.  Upper Red was smoking hot early ice but it has slowed down a lot from then to now.  Also they changed the limit from three to two Walleyes. I am just looked to meet ppl and catch fish everywhere and Erie is a place I have wanted to fish.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
We used to travel to mille lacs and fish out of macs twin bay, but it's a long haul for the fluctuating slot and possession limits, we always had a good time, perch bite seemed to always be good. Best of luck traveling gypsy, Erie is a fantastic fishery when the walleye are cooperating!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Yeah I have been up there before also. Winnipeg has its good times but I have had this burning itch to fish Erie and try my luck for a monster.   How much longer will the ice be okay to fish on?

Its unpredictable @ best, watch the weather reports for Port Clinton. But it should be good for a while.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Vexilar