Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Flu season and warm weather

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Between being ill and the loss of ice this season has left a lot to be desired . I got out for 1/2 day .Ntoiceman36 hasn't got out yet . A lot of members are feeling the same pain . Let's all pray that this is the last of this yoyo temperatures.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:08:51 PM by Luvztaphish »

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
They just changed the forecast for two warm days mon-tues of next week, can't win. Climate prediction center is almost forecasting warmer than avg. temps for next thirty days... Not making me happy but we should be lucky we got to fish I guess.. Only thing to do is spend money and drive north!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I missed the whole second freeze with that awful flu!!    >:(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Ive been out twice this season. 1 time for first ice and once for second ice. Im not sure if I have ever fished 3rd ice before. We are all used to getting on ice and getting a thaw then refreeze for the rest of the season but this is all new for me. Ive always found that 2nd ice isnt as good as 1st ice. Im really curious of how 3rd ice will be. If this pattern stays the same we may end up having to fish 3rd, 4th or even 5th ice. lol. I dont care what ice it is just as long as its there. Im really tired of Mother Nature playing games with my heart.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep out twice and then sick.,, :P  if i wasnt saving for a bigger boat i would travel north just because  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D  Just remember that the third times the charm .   ;D

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Sometimes i fall asleep and hope i wake up on mille lacs maybe somewhere not far from henipin island!...hope i packed my yard stick cause they measure ice by the foot up that way. :'(
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Sometimes i fall asleep and hope i wake up on mille lacs maybe somewhere not far from henipin island!...hope i packed my yard stick cause they measure ice by the foot up that way. :'(

I was suppose to have a trip there this month but after mother in law having a heart attack and wife going to part time for the winter sorta hurt the pocket book guess I gotta make plans for next year to make a trip there. Maybe we should get a group together and make the trip next year save on costs for everyone if we got a nice group to go.

toadfish

• View Profile
Who would have ever thought that were would hit 60 degrees not once, but twice in Ohio in January?  I am tired of the yo-yo temps playing havoc on the ice.  As soon as the kids are off to college, I am moving to the ice country to persue my passion more than just a few days a year.  I had 55 F and 5:00 AM and torrential rain on January 30.

I have been able to dodge the flu so far this year.  And all this without the shot/mist.  I attribute this to avoiding exposure to sick people, regular exercise, a healthy diet and spending time on the ice.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You're right about that. The winters I stay the healthiest are the ones I spend the most time on ice away from people!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A Chest & Head Cold (Not the flu) along with a schedule colonoscopy on Tuesday 1/29 and other pressing family obligations have thwarted my desires to hit the ice eventho my gear has been ready since early November.

Hopefully this clipper coming in will lock up the waters again., hope to be at Nimisia this weekend.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

toadfish

• View Profile
Still hit the ice while doing the prep for the colonoscopy, but be sure to bring lots of TP and some extra empty buckets!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Its much better to line the buckets with plastic bags, it makes cleanup so much easier!!

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Always carry a few extra plastic shopping bags in the sled. The paper shopping bags dont work as well as the plastic ones lol ;D
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I didnt want to leave a trail letting you know my secret spots!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar