Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Out this morning

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
I went out this morning and caught two 9 1/2" crappie and 7 short crappie and a bunch of tiny bluegills the ice is still all over the marina but only 1/2"-1" everything caught on spikes and pink or green jigs and everything was on the bottom I didn't find anything suspended

CPRCatfish.com

Green Pea

• View Profile
Thank you for the update. I can't seem to get a bite over there so it must be me.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Curtis and I made it to the docks friday nite and got 6 little crappies and 6-8 gills.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Made it out this morning and it sure was windy, the water clarity was about 8" and I caught 1 short crappie.

Green Pea

• View Profile
Argh!!

I got skunked today. I did run into Tin Guppy and met a gentleman named Jim who sold me some sweet looking hand painted spoons.

Maybe they will bring me some luck tomorrow at Alum. I need it.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I caught 2 short crappie and 2 4" gills for 2 hrs of fishing. :-[

fshman_165

• View Profile
Went to CJ about 3 PM yesterday and worked the Marina. The Crappies were quite active and suspended between 5 and 9 feet of water. I probably caught 30 fish altogether (with some nice released keepers). The crappies are moving from dock to dock. If you dont have a flasher you would never know they were passing through. I would move up and down a string of docks about every 5 to 10 minutes following them. SaugeyeMarc joined me for about an hour or so....kinda uglied up the scenery :P

Green Pea

• View Profile
I have to buy a flasher it's that simple.

What were you catching them with? Thanks for the update.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Green Pea you did not miss much at the Alum yesterday, I got 2 crappie all day.

fshman_165

• View Profile
The flasher makes a big difference, especially when the fish are suspended and moving as much as they have been over the last couple of weeks.  I caught them using Bentley lady bugz jigs in a size 2 tipped with a spike. Black jig on the bottom with a green jig about 10 inches above the black one. They preferred the green yesterday. 

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
Green Pea you did not miss much at the Alum yesterday, I got 2 crappie all day.

This is my second year of ice fishing and I can tell you that the flasher I bought is the best thing I've purchased for ice fishing... Well worth the money
CPRCatfish.com

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Glad you are having some luck ! We NEED a SAFE ice up !

Vexilar