Ice Fish Ohio Forum

my day today

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
ok so it started at reid park....fished for a bout an hour with no problems and no fish so i started walking around looking for the fish....after a few wholes the ice cracked under my feet and the crack ran out about 10'...so i left reid thankfully with out falling in....went to cj and saw my buddies dad and brother in a shanty on the ice at cj...started to get on and noticed the ice was prob 11/2-2" thick so passed and fished from the docks and we caught zero fish...so we headed to clark lake....the ice was around 3-5" when we started...we caught a few crappies and gills...then the ice started melting under our feet so we packed it up...almost went in again getting out of clark.....so i went home before i fell in i didn't wanna push my luck anymore for the day....just be carefull if your getting on any ice in springfield...its NOT safe by any strecth of the imagination....good luck
CPRCatfish.com

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Sir, it is just SO much easier to be SAFE than sorry...ALWAYS have a pair of "cat`s claws" upon your person and atleast 50` of rope. Tie off to shore ALWAYS. Carry the auger or a 8` piece of 2x4 or PVC under 1 arm. Avoid "heaves" in the ice like the plague. Never fish alone if possible.

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
yep good advice.....the fish are deff not worth dying for...
CPRCatfish.com

Vexilar