Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Any thoughts

toadfish

• View Profile
Hey Noticeman & Evinrude,
Natural lakes in NW Ohio are few and far between.  I would suggest a get together at Lima Reservoirs:  Metzger/Ferguson east of Lima, Bresler/Williams west of town.  Van Wert reservoirs and Findlay are other possibilities.  These are usually hard to fish due to water level fluctuations, very little structure.  Nearby bait shops and parking are limited.  Fishing pressure is usually light.  Perch, crappie, gills, walleye/saugeye and white bass are usually present.

Natural lakes would be in far NW corner, Harrison and La Su Ann in Williams county.

Even on wildohio.gov, fishing forecast and reports leave this area out.

Grand Lake St Mary's, Indian Lake and Lake Laromie are in either Central or SW Ohio, but get fishable ice most years.

I  would hate to tick off any locals by "invading" their secret spots, but an event like this could help teach us all something about finding and catching fish through the ice.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
It would be great to have app accessibility like taptalk.  I’d love to have IFO right at my fingertips like my CDC & OGF. I’d be much more likely to post reports and other content here.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 05:18:00 AM by Bobberbucket »

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
All great suggestions my friends,  we are gonna get together soon and go over ways to improve the site and user ability.  Our focus going forward will to bring the IFO community back together.  I'm also interested in the ability to post short videos of  fishing so we can share tips and tactics or just boast a little. Of course all this will need to fall into our web provider but I promise we will test every avenue.  All we ask of our members right now is to get the word out that the site is back and alive, bring friends and family to join and bring on the cold weather!!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Toadfish, absolutely im with ya! We no longer want IFO  to seem focused around Central Ohio. I'm willing to travel as much as possible to experience new lakes and meet  our members for a good day of fishing. When the time is right you pick the place and we can meet up at the local bait shop. I will bring a few friends and you the same. I would love the opportunity to share my lack of fishing skills with others and maybe learn a trick or 2
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I love all those ideas.  This process might take a little bit, but the 3 of us are committed and it’s going to improve.   Some of the more technical aspects might be a little bit in development, but I am actively working with our web developer.  And expanding all over the ice belt area of Ohio with events is absolutely something we’ve already discussed and love!  Keep the awesome ideas flowing, great to see the site active again!!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ice hole 2

• View Profile
You nailed it -58!! Any sport - football, basketball, baseball -you name it- our kids need to get involved. How- by parents and grandparents teaching and coaching them. The same is true with our sport of fishing -soft or hard water. We must step up and encourage, teach and take our kids fishing. Since 1993, our family  featured a fishing tournament which started Memorial Day  thru Labor Day in the Little Miami River. Prizes were awarded at our annual  reunion on Labor Day. Adult and kids prizes were awarded for the largest fish for the species that year. Although the reunion still takes place, the fishing tournament went down in 2014!! 21 years!  Primarily because of lack of interest by the adults which in turn lack of interest by the kids. To keep this sport alive, we as grown-ups must take our off-springs fishing. When we go fishing, take them with you. Otherwise, our sport is finished !!!
My best friends are ice holes.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
IH2 I do all I can to pass on our sport. So far have taught 8 grandkids to fish. Three have won tournaments. Took the 9th fishing once last summer but all he wanted to do was try and lick the fish, of course he was only 7 months old. ;D ;D ;D Now ice fishing I have only got one out so far but last year wasn't a good season to try. Most of them don't like the cold like I do, so I got a hub to make it easier to talk them into to going.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that will be nice to sweep out the old clutter, hey do we have a dark mode ?  sometimes the bright screen hurts my eyes , being an old fart  lol 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
You need new glasses like mine they darken even inside if the lights are too bright which is helpful sometimes and sometimes a pain.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Just had a thought, on other sites I visit not all sections are open to guests or members not signed in. This is done I believe to stop the guest lurkers from just gleaning all the good info without being a site member and by making members sign in to see some info they are more apt to contribute since they are already signed in.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, Rick there is a dark mode.   I have mine in that setting all the time.  Easier for me to see too.   There’s a little sun icon in the top right corner by the settings gear icon.  Click that and you’ll go to dark mode.   It’s way better!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Had never tried that Slab it is definitely a different look..

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thnks joel,  man thats the cats meow  there.  have to do this on other sites  also,  was out in the garage tonight chkn out my ice gear,  man this season just  snuck up on me.  i really want to go electric on my drill also. 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hey snocone just an FYI there are no other sites anymore!! Your on the premier fishing and outdoor site, so sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.😁
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Nate it was me that mentioned other sites and I never said they dealt with fishing. I am on a couple sites such as one for Dumfries Scotland and one on British history among others that deal with subjects you would never find on a fishing/outdoor site.

Vexilar