Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Vexilar fl-22

Jakeesspoo

• View Profile
After ice fishing all my life without a flasher I bought a fl22 last year.  Some of my buddies have the fl8's 12's and 20's but I figured if I was gonna spend the money on one I would go all out and get the newest.  I haven't quite figured it out perfectly yet.   Too me it's even easier to read my buddies fl-12 than mine.  Does anyone have any tips or comments on this flasher.  I think I wish I would have gotten a simpler version or maybe that dave genz would walk by and give me a hand.    I have had a aquavue for 6 or seven years now and have always found that entertaining

ILfisher

• View Profile
The Vexilar line of equipment is great.  I can't help with the fl-22 as I have an 18.  But Vexilar has a great line of videos to get you going.  But as soon as you can get on the ice, there will be plenty of people to help.

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
I got mine last year and tried it at cj docks did ok when I was by my self, but when other vexlars were around I lost control. even trying to he other vexlars.  narrow cone seemed to have less interference.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I have an 18 not sure on the 22 but I would call them or go online for instructional videos.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
If you call, they're super helpful.  Also ratherbefishing posted a good youtube video in the "help reading flashers" thread yesterday.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I purchased a FL-8 a few years ago from a fellow icer who upgraded.  I've been happy with my 8
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar