Ice Fish Ohio Forum

jiggin rapalas

LOST TACKLE

• View Profile
i have got a good lead on about 100 jiggin rapalas, the problem is all i have is the color code and have not found a good site to figure out what colors are what, here are a few, P, GYP, RT, G, CHB, S, GT, GL

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Here is the best I have for you. I know codes as follows-P-PERCH GYP-GOLD YELLOW PERCH RT-RAINBOW TROUT G-GOLD CHB-CHROME BLUE AND S-SILVER. This is from memory from using DHJ's for softwater trolling but most are the same color codes are the same. GL-usually indicates glass or a clear effect usually with a light paint to it. Let me know if I can help further. Hope it can help
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:27:41 AM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Would you be interested in splitting them?   I'd go 50/50 for half.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

LOST TACKLE

• View Profile
i have to see what he has says around 100 some are shad style i am notinterested in those myself as soon as i get the colors figured out i am going to make him an offer

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Most baits I have come across for ice that have a GL code stands for glow. If you get a GLR or GLB it would be glow red or glow blue.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Tim,
Like I said the color codes were from memory. After thinking further and being 80 miles away from our trolling gear, you would be correct. GMN for example would be glass minnow and GPP and Glass Purple Perch. Again just from memory and trying to remember what color is what. But none the less, it was a start. But yes, infact, gl is glow for rapala. Between all the crazy reef runner names and the rapala names, you could have a class on them. Thanks for pointing out my error. ER

BTW has anyone tried the new snap rap's???? Wondering how much different they are from the regular jigging rap's, in the way of action.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:07:01 PM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, snap raps are awesome!  I posted a video on this site.  Just do a search for snap rap.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
@erierider. I feel your pain. I am use to a lot of the saltwater trolling spoons and rig code letters. The only reason I remembered that was because I was just looking thru all my jigging raps just 2 days ago. If they would just make the coding system universal thru out all of the industry it would make it much simpler. I use to use a lot of calcutta reef runner and bomber lures and most are the same but some are different. It would screw me up when I would call the shop to reorder baits and I give them a code for one brand and didnt get what I want because it was different then what I wanted. It could be frustrating sometimes. lol   ???
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar