Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crappies fishing

MF87 · 6 · 3241

MF87

• View Profile
Can anyone lead me to some lakes that have good crappie fish North east Ohio. Thanks

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 I know mosquito and Berlin both have nice crappie also portage lakes and nimisila if you can find them.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
2x.. What Ntoiceman36 said
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Springfield Lake has a gazillion crappies but they are mostly smalls.......
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
And they also stock Channel cats in Springfield, so if you try to fish bottom (like I did once) you'll catch quite a few of those also. Never fished it for Crappies but talked to people that have say West Branch has some decent Crappies. Good Luck

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Deer Creek has nice crappies too, but you really have to know the Lake to zero in on them.  But I got my personal best public Water 17 3/4” crappie from there.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar