Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crane Creek Eyes

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
Me and my buddies were out today, out of crane. We pulled a 5 man limit majority good eaters with a few heavyset in the mix . 25ft - 3.6nm from truck.
Word of caution- crack opened today, we had a little trouble getting back across the way we went out. Raps were hot later in the day.

Now for the guy asking about two wheel with chains, that's what I run and did not get stuck once. There will be spots that will bog you down but it's not all doom and gloom.

pdfish

• View Profile
Thanks for the report, appreciate the two wheel with chains information,
I may have a chance to fish.
Thanks,
Dan

pdfish

• View Profile
Waiting on the chains for my quad, maybe Tues or Weds.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Chains will help. Lots of snow out there but its do able. Get out while you can fishing is good. Limit by 10am this morn
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

pdfish

• View Profile
someone on another site said there was a big crack at 3.8 miles out, needs planks to cross. any news on that?

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
There is always a "big" crack out there. Depending on the wind/current it shifts.
If you plan on crossing that crack, it is advised to have a set of planks but more importantly Use common sense and watch the weather.
If your not a regular and not with someone who knows that part of the lake then don't cross it your first time there.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:08:41 PM by 1977walleyeguy »

Vexilar