Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 17, 2024, 03:34:36 PM

Author Topic: Indian this Weekend  (Read 2717 times)

eyeon2

• View Profile
Indian this Weekend
« on: January 06, 2013, 09:48:06 PM »

Blackhawk was tough for eyes on Sat.  Moundwood was none the better early Sunday.  Finally found them on Sunday afternoon, or the weather drove the feed.... not sure.  Nice Fish, no one in area. Bite started at 2 and I was done by 4.  Orange/Gold, and straight gold Vibes got the job done.

I like to hunt around and get off the beaten path.  Worked for me today.

Ice scary at best. Hope if firms up a bit overnight.

Headed out for crappies in AM before the melt.

I am new to board.  I wont give out GPS coordinates, but always willing to share info hard and/or soft water. 

I fish Indy 75- 100 days a year.

My tip for the day .  +/-  6 inches in dept change will hold the eyes.  Off a few feet and game over.  Handheld GPS works, but note that with constaint dredging and silting, it can change year to year.  Vex is the ticket.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Re: Indian this Weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 10:41:10 PM »

Eyeon2,

That is a great post! That is what IFO is all about. Give information to help fisherman catch more fish by teaching them. Not your spots.

Can you post something about what you look for when scouting new water. Do you start shallow first and then move deeper or vice verse.

When reading the vexilar do you have any tips for the new ice fisherman and us old timers?

Thanks for your knowledge!

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Indian this Weekend
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:16:47 AM »

Thanks for the detailed info.  Welcome to the site.  I can see you'll be an asset already!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar