Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 01:14:38 PM

Author Topic: Ice or lake conditions  (Read 12875 times)

Mullygyn

Re: Ice or lake conditions
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 04:55:37 PM »

If Lake side bass pro told you false information its because someone told them the ice conditions  ;D. The family that owns it are great people and family friends
Unfortunately this is false information and for whoever calls the shop should beware. A- its wrong, b- if you have a drive you would be extremely disappointed.

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »

They were parked right near the bridge on the right. I think the one shanty was a blade runner not to far out. Then two out farther by the island one outside and one in a flip. Talked to two other guys that were trying to decide whether to try. The one went out after he checked other areas. Stopped back after killing time at Mikes and talked to the guy that didn't go out for a while. Gave him a few spring bobbers since he was just getting into it. I will be out there tomorrow with my grandson and son in law. Going to use the spud bar all the way out.

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 09:22:36 PM »

Ill be out tomorrow around the north fork area. Ill be traveling light this time around. (Spud, spikes, rope with float, and minimal fishing gear)The flip-over will still be sitting at home. Hopefully I'll find some adequate ice. Measurements and pics to follow..... ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 09:52:27 PM by MW-Fishing »

Bryan78

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 09:43:06 AM »

The ice was fine at long island. I've fished there all week with no problems. Biggest problem is only small fish besides one real nice gill. I'm sure there's plenty of unsafe ice out there so be careful wherever you go.

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 04:04:30 PM »

We went out by the bridge today. There is two spots along the bank with open water so be careful. We had a great day even though we didn't catch any. Took my son in law for his first time. The wind made it tough to be mobile both places I cut holes was 4".

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 08:06:08 PM »

I tried the Nature Preserve first and found out it was extremely spotty ice. It was anywhere from 3 inches to a 1 1/2 in places. I couldn't get to my go to spot, so I hit up Long Island instead (first pull off). The ice was good and the fishing was good.  At first it was a struggle to find the fish, but once I did it was bite after bite. I ended up with 5 nice gills, but like everyone else I had to weed through the dinks. Also caught a dink bonus perch. LOL I was going to post measurement of the ice, but by this time tomorrow the ice at the nature preserve should be good too. (As always check your own ice, make your best judgement, and be safe)

Downthehole

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2016, 07:05:26 AM »

Sounds like we'll be in the money next weekend. Whats everyone elses thoughts?

The very low temperatures in the early part of the week followed by averages below freezing should help us get out next weekend.......I intentionally stayed in this weekend as 3" - 4" is no good for me.

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!
Pages: 1 [2]

Poll

Well how is it at Indian lake

Condition
- 1 (50%)
Fish catching
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 [2]
Print Print