Ice Fish Ohio Forum

My Shanty Gear Storage

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I carry too much gear on the ice.  Before I could never find anything in my shanty, now with such a slow start to the season, I reorganized.  All my gear fits in 2 things.  The top pic is my rod bucket.  It holds 12 ice rods and reels, and inside the bucket I put my reel weeds.  Also if I choose to take tip-ups, they fit in the bucket also.

The bottom pic is my gear bag.  Instead of everything all over the shanty and the back seat of my truck, it's tucked nicely in there.  My vexilar and lure boxes fit nicely in the center compartment.  The one large outside compartment has my safety gear and gloves.  The other large side compartment has all of my riggers in it.  The small end compartments: one has my extra line; the other has the terminal stuff, tape measure, flashlight, glo-lure charger, snaps and swivels, and the like.  Also, Dave, note the pliars in there!! ;D ;D

I probably should've put this in the shanty thread.....oops!  We can move it later.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Very nice. I like how every thing fits in the bag. Im working on finising all my gear up too. I dont think I will ever get it all done.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Twelve rods!?!? Are you sh!tn me?  I take three!  Wow, I guess you do need to organize with an arsenal like that!  I would need a team of dogs to pull my sled out if I had the sweet gear you got Slab! 
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

g

• View Profile
rubbermade totes or other sealable plastic totes work great for organizing tackle & essentials.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
The beginning of my home made sled.  Today was a varnish and wood cutting day.  I will keep you abreast of the progress. 
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

OldSailor

• View Profile
Twelve rods!?!? Are you sh!tn me?  I take three!  Wow, I guess you do need to organize with an arsenal like that!  I would need a team of dogs to pull my sled out if I had the sweet gear you got Slab! 
X2!!! :o But: "A place for everything, and everything in it's place" And old saying my Mom would say when making me organize my stuff in my dresser ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

perchguy

• View Profile
We all have to much time on are hands,with no ice.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Here is the bucket that I put together for Scott. Now I just hope we get some ice soon so he gets a chance to use it.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nice job SS & Scott.

SS, I'd be afraid of taking that many ice rods.... dangerous in that I may poke out an eye or two!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar