Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Gills gone wild

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
We caught 42 gills from 11:30 till 4:00 Ice is from 5.5" to 3" fished about 200' south west of the 2nd fishing pier in 9'-7' of water. the ice gets thinner the farther east. Only a few other guys out today.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I drove by the lake with the family coming home from Greenville today.  I told my wife guys were probably catching.  Hopefully there is good ice tomorrow.  I'm taking the day off to fish.  Maybe Indian lake or possibly Buckeye.

Salmonid

• View Profile
Good deal, we and about 30 others struggled all day yesterday at Kiser including fishing fairly close to where you were. nobody hardly caught anything worth anything, we ended up with 2 nice perch around 10" and a gill and a 12" LMB.   So then today fished a Eastern Indiana lake and about 50 different folks managed a handful of fish again, everyone wondering where they went since 2 days ago the entire lake was on fire. I hate when the fish get into there moods...

Good report, thanks
Salmonid

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Fishing partner!

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Sounds like a fun day I need to poke some holes in the ice down there
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad you had fun, and more importantly introduced someone young to the sport and they enjoyed it.  That's what it's all about, passing it on!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar