Never Tried It...Easy as 1.2.3?

Banker · 8 · 3963

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Easy to Fish. Easy to Store. No Tangles - 123 Signature Fishing Rig

Got some of these to try on the ice. Was wondering if anyone had any luck with them?
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I can't see the pic, but I'm curious. Can you try reposting it? :)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
123 signature rig
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Interesting, looks like an upgraded perch spreader.  Looks nice!  I'd like to try that.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I feel like when it comes to ice fishing they don't want to see a big rig down there like that. but perchin on erie different story in summer
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Seems like a lot of tackle for just 2 baits. Like ohiofisher said, thru the ice less is more. Im all for new and innovative products but I think I would rather have a traditional spreader. From the looks of that rig the arms only look a few inchs long where on a regular spreader is putting the baits a little further apart and both side normally have spinners for the added attraction to each bait. I could be wrong and am anxious to hear your results of how they produce.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Looks interesting. I'm with Johnny, through the ice less is definetly more. Summer fishing it may work well. It looks like a cross between a perch spreader and a crappie rig. I personally prefer the crappie rig over the spreader. Especially on the light bite. Here is a test you can try at home. Tie a spreader to your favorite perch rod let out enough line to hold the rod and still tug on the spreader. Measure how far the hook must move before your rod tip indicates a bite. Next tie a crappie rig on and repeat the process. I think everyone will be very surprised at how far the hook on the spreader needs to travel before indicating a bite. I have been threatened by many of friends that I would need to swim back to shore if I didn't stop catching more fish then them. I guess that's price you pay while fishing on someone else's boat. For sure when your crappie rig is out fishing there spreader right next to them. Now I always take a few extra crappie rigs with me. Mostly so I don't have to swim back. ;D
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

Vexilar