Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Suffix Beat Out

Banker · 6 · 3162

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
So I am a...well was a Suffix guy through and through but their ice magic line quality has not been good as of late. I am switching over to Vicious Panfish line after my last outing where it out fished Suffix on every outfit I had it laced up on.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Never used the panfish line. But I love the Vicious fluorocarbon line for bass fishing. I may have to try the panfish line next winter. I like to spool my ice reels Thanksgiving weekend so my new line doesn't have memory from sitting on my reels all summer long....I'll remember this panfish line though.  Maybe I'll buy some now and just spool it up later.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I agree with you Banker. Vicious is by far the best line around. Ive used all the different lines on the market and the Vicious has out preformed all of them hands down. I run it on all of my hard and soft water reels. I love how it feels. It is extremely low memory and lays out nice and straight which is very important when fishing light weight panfish jigs. The last thing you want is your line to be coiled when you go to set the hook and when your line is coiled it cuts down on how much your jig dances when jigging. It has some line stretch but not to much. When your catching larger fish on 1 and 2 lb test I think the line stretch helps keep the line from snapping to fast. If any of you are not happy how your current line is preforming I dont think you will be disapointed if you try Vicious Panfish line.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

deerslayern

• View Profile
I am a tru believer of vicious ice. great line. Ive caught from gills to 15 in bass to 20in  channel cats thru the ice with 2lb test. no problems yet. on soft water I use 4lb vicious on lite action rods against perch on lake erie and have caught some nice sheepheads( by accident) but still no line breakage, no probs. even smallies it holds up great with crankbaits .
When in doubt test it out.  No ice is safe ice. becareful out there.

Norm Hunitngton Jr

Pro staff
Clam
HT enterprises
frabill
Humminbird

Guide for
New London
Willard
Pleasant Hill

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great to hear such good things about Vicious line from you guy's. It is hard to find a great ice fishing line.

I have never tried it and am looking forward to fishing their line. 
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar