Ice Fish Ohio Forum

road trip

Minnowhead

• View Profile
My buddy went up to Cadillac and Mitchell Lakes in Michigan.  They did well on Pike and Crappie.  Smallish Perch so they changed lakes.  Did not get a report on the new lake yet but he says ice is 8" and the water is gin clear.  I was supposed to go with him but the almighty dollar wouldn't cooperate in time.  Cadillac Michigan is approx 7 hours away.  I told him to stay and get as much fishing in as he can, because I don't think we are going to get much ice from this weekends temp drop.  I'll post up more reports in case anyone is interested in a road trip.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wish I could.  These warmer temps moved my project up.  With zero frost in the ground they're wanting to dig the middle of next week.  With rain on Tuesday again any ice or frost we get from this weekend will soon be a distant memory.  I hope this weekend's cold snap will at least get me on a pond somewhere Sunday or Monday.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
planning on going up to fletchers pond the end of next week.  wish i could extend an invite but im going as someones guest.  hoping to have a fish story for ya'll
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

Vexilar