Ice Fish Ohio Forum

I can smell it...

Banker · 11 · 5140

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
You know how in August you start to get the feeling that football is in the air ..either by passing a open barbeque or having a few chilly mornings you can just tell that football is around the corner.

Well this morning did that for me but not for football or any other "popular" sport but for the less  popular but ever growing sport of ice fishing. something about the ice on my window and the little puffs of snow blowing around on the freeway got me excited and immediately I started thinking about this site and how excited I was to talk ice fishing
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A hard frost the last few mornings has started the itch of ice fishing season for me too.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I must have a disease. I start thinking about Ice fishing in August.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I'm with Dave on this one. I started thinking about it around the middle of august.
turkey09

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
its the winter version of the fishing pox, i was diagnosed early in life
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i'm always thinking of ice fishing.

Three Hundred and Sixty Five
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I now that I have a problem. I cant stop thinking and talking about it. I used to fish year round but I rarely even softwater fish anymore. It just doesnt compare to being on the ice.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I agree its coming fast i love softwater always have and always will but there is a special alure of ice fishing....so much different so much to learn and the comradery is so much different than soft water 90% of guys will let you know what to use where to go and even invite you to fish with them or near them......in a boat if you get a bit to close you get the stink eye or worse just seems like the ice gets ride of a lot of a##holes! It gets in your blood then your hooked for life. Im ready  ;D ;D

ice phisher

• View Profile
fishintechnician ends his post with "gets in your blood then your hooked for life".....GUESS YOU COULD SAY THAT I'M A PRODUCT OF THAT TRAIN OF THOUGHT.......I first went on the ice in 1958 and have been on ice some where every year since and hope that the good lord allows this to continue for a while. So, I guess that I can be also labeled as a first class ice fishing addict of sorts....Ah yes....being an "ICE WALKER" has it's own brand of a reward system....As always... I wish each and everyone of you a "SAFE AND ENJOYABLE ICE SEASON. 
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

xrider

• View Profile
I have also thinking about the ice. Bought some new Northland forage spoons yesterda
y. It's a matter of time.

Vexilar